Monday, June 09, 2008

Dad and Alex Getaway

Last week, Alex and I had the opportunity to spend some good time together. It wasn't the most ideal scenario for us, but we were able to spend 5 straight days hanging out. I took her to the USA Volleyball National Championships with me. I usually go on this trip by myself, but took the kid with me this time. We spent a great deal of time walking to and from the convention center, playing volleyball and watching volleyball. She was the only kid in our group, so she had to try and keep up with all of the conversations we were having at meals and walking back and forth to the hotel. All in all, it was fun and we had a chance to take a volleyball-free day and see the (very few) sites that Atlanta has to offer. We visited the Georgia Aquarium (picture below) and the World of Coca-Cola. We made the best of that day and were able to see some cool stuff.


It's been a long time since we have been able to spend this length of time together. I truly enjoyed it and hope that she joins me every year going forward. She's growing up so fast and I want to make sure that I enjoy her childhood as much as possible.


No comments: